Child - Tax Exempt Savings Plans
(Without Life Cover)

Whether you’re looking to start putting aside a regular amount for your kids, your grandchildren or for family friends, our Tax Exempt Savings Plan is a great way to save and invest for their future. It’s a plan that’s unique to friendly societies like ours - and this version comes without the life assurance that’s often offered with this kind of plan.

To speak to our team call 0161 762 5790

Get into the saving habit

With our Healthy Investment Tax Exempt Savings Plan you’re committed to paying in the same amount every month - meaning that you can contribute to the child’s savings gradually over time. You can invest anything from £10 up to a maximum of £25 a month - if you want to invest more, then our Standard Savings Plan might be better for you. Regular saving in the best way to build a cash sum for the children you care about.

A guaranteed return

When you take out your policy we’ll tell you the absolute minimum the child will get when the plan matures (as long as you’ve kept up all of your contributions of course). This is called your sum assured. We also give regular bonuses every year and add them to the value of your policy. This can never be taken away – and you may also get a final bonus at the end of your term. The level of bonus added each year is not guaranteed and can change.

A tax exempt pay out

Only friendly societies are able to offer these kind of plans thanks to a unique government tax break. When the policy matures none of the money the child receives will be taxed. It's free of income and capital gains tax. The plan is designed to give you tax free savings as the fund that the money is invested is exempt of UK taxes.   

a low risk, ethical investment

Your child’s money will be invested in the Healthy Investment Ethical With-profits Fund which includes a mix of different assets, including stocks and shares - all actively managed to maximise the potential for growth while carefully managing any risk.

save from 10 to 25 years

Choose how long you want to save for - anything from 10 years to 25 years. It’s the perfect way to save for a special birthday or starting university.

grow your childs funds gradually

Put a modest amount away, every month, to save and invest for a child’s future. You’ll be growing their funds gradually, safe in the knowledge that they won’t be paying tax on the money the fund has made.

invest up to 25 pounds per month

Due to the tax advantages of investing in a friendly society Tax Exempt Savings Plan you can invest up to £25 per month. Every member of the family has their own friendly society tax exempt limit.

Swift responses to any queries from well informed staff. Always very pleasant and helpful on the… Read more “Swift responses to any queries”

I couldn’t have asked for a better service. Replies were quick and all my queries were… Read more “I couldn’t have asked for”

Read More Reviews

Important Points

Any UK resident can invest in a Healthy Investment Tax Exempt Savings Plan (without life cover) providing the plan matures before they are 80.

You might consider this plan if you already have savings in a bank or building society and you are now looking to put some money into an investment for a child which has some risk but potentially higher returns and the proceeds of which are paid tax free

Save from as little as £10 per month or a maximum of £25 per month (or £270 per year).

You can have their Tax Exempt Savings Plan (without life cover) mature on a specific date, or simply select a term between 10-25 years, providing it matures on or after their 16th birthday.

Depending on the term you choose you should see this as a medium or long term investment.

Important Documents

If there's anything
you don't understand,
we're here to help.
Call Jerrol on 0161 762 5790

Alternatively you can
send us a message
using our contact form.

Apply Online

Opening a Healthy Investment Tax Exempt Savings Plan (Without Life Cover) is really easy.

If you have any questions now or whilst you are applying just give us a ring or send us a message and we will help you.

Share This