Case Study; High Street TV, is one of the UK’s fastest growing multi-channel retail businesses, recently recognised by The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 and International Track 200. Founded only 10 years ago High Street TV has achieved unprecedented growth in their 3 core market sectors, through their extensive omni-channel business model including working with some of the UK’s largest retailers, quickly scaling their business to significant levels.
Returns Management Project –
High Street TV looked to NDG Consulting to review the customer returns management systems for both B2B and B2C customer returns, working with internal and external stakeholders, including leading UK retailers and returns industry specialist service providers, NDG Consulting delivered tangible improvements in the following areas.
- Changed returns handling provider to a returns specialist: increasing inspection criteria enabling improved fault identification.
- Increased percentage of stock recovered (+25% of stock recovered to A/B Grade status that would have previously gone to disposal).
- Introduced industry experts in stock refurbishment, increased recovery of like-new and refurbished stock, including parts harvesting for refurbishment.
- Diverted all C-Grade stock to certified AATF WEEE recycling facility, 98% of all materials recycled, improvement in companies end-of-life product management and environmental footprint.
- Automation of B2C returns handling, improving stock status visibility, traceability and provision for automated customer refunds.
- Review and analysis of returns data for B2B and B2C customers, highlight key trends and areas of focus.
- Increased detail on actual faults found and no fault found, enabling discussions with customers/suppliers.
- Outsourced technical support web site, with interactive product instruction guides and live online customer Q&A.
- Established system and framework for outsourcing telephone service to deliver live technical support to
- customers, actively reducing customer returns.
Lead project developing framework for detailed pre-launch product assessments, identifying potential returns problems before bulk production.